Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Procrastinating...as usual

Hey everyone,

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days.  Tish and I have bee trying to get packed and things figured out so I could take her to O'Hare airport today.  That was quite the trip.  I have never driven in Chicago, so it was a new, and slightly frightening experience.

We haven't done Jillian in a couple of days...we are slacking, I know, but we are going to be doing it over break, so we can pick up where we left off.

We have also been slacking on reading...I should be sending you at least Matthew 5-9 tonight and then 10 tomorrow...well I only have Matthew 5 for you right now, but at least it's something.

Matthew 5 is the Sermon on the Mount.  There are a lot of things that are talked about in this chapter, and I encourage you to take a few minutes and read it for yourself.
Scripture is a reflection of God himself as he has made his will and character known to his people.  As Christians seek to live in conformity to Scripture, they are in fact pursuing the very perfection of God.
No human is ever going to be perfect.  We are sinful natured, so it is impossible for us to be perfect.  But, when we seek to be perfect, we seek to be more like God, and that is something that we should always do.

That's all I've got for you today...sorry I have been slacking and procrastinating so much.  I will try to get some more posted tomorrow.

Thanks everyone =)

No comments:

Post a Comment